B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)
M. Tech (Water Resources Engineering)
Ph.D. (Water Resources Engineering)
Dr. Vijendra Kumar is an Assistant Professor in the School of Civil Engineering at MIT World Peace University, Pune. He holds a B. Tech in Civil Engineering (College of Engineering Trivandrum 2011), M. Tech in Water Resources Engineering (Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology Surat, 2014), and PhD in Water Resources Engineering (Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology Surat, 2020).
Dr. Vijendra Kumar major research interests include Reservoir operation, Application of Soft Computing Techniques, Optimization in water resources, Flood Modelling, Flood Risk Assessment and Management, and Real-time Flood Forecasting in WRE.
He has published over 24 International Journals and Conference Proceedings and currently working on a Machine Learning application on water resources engineering.
He has been an active reviewer of various renowned international SCI journals. He has been invited to deliver expert lectures. The most recent one was “AI-Based Search Application in Water Resources Engineering and Management”.
He is the recipient of the best paper awards in HYDRO 2019, 24th International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and River Engineering, Osmania University, India, 18th-20th December 2019 and 1st National Conference on Emerging Research and Innovations in Civil Engineering, 15th-16th February 2019.
Subject Taught :
Fluid Mechanics, Water resource engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Open Channel Flow, Design of hydraulic Structure, Groundwater, Surface Water Flow, Environmental Engineering, Basic of Civil Engineering and Internet of Things .
- Vijendra kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2. (2018). Optimization of Reservoir Operation with a New Approach in Evolutionary Computation Using TLBO Algorithm and Jaya Algorithm. Water Resources Management Springer, 32(13), 4375-4391. DOI: 10.1007/s11269-018-2067-5. (Impact Factor: 3.517 SCIE)
- Vijendra kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2 (2019). “Optimization of Optimum Cropping pattern using Elitist-Jaya and Elitist-TLBO Algorithms”. Water Resources Management- Springer, 33(5), 1817-1822. DOI: 10.1007/s11269-019-02204-z (Impact Factor: 3.517 SCIE).
- Vijendra kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2 (2020) “Self-Adaptive Multi-Population based Jaya algorithm for the Optimization of Cropping Pattern under Constraint Environment” Journal of Hydro-Informatics 22(2), 368-384.. DOI: 10.2166/hydro.2019.087. (Impact Factor: 2.376 SCIE)
- Vijendra Kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2 (2022) “Multi-objective reservoir operation of the Ukai reservoir system using improved Jaya algorithm” Water Supply 22(2), 2287-2310. DOI: 10.2166/ws.2021.374 (Impact Factor: 1.2 SCIE)
- Vijendra kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2 (2022)“A State-of-the-Art Review of heuristic and metaheuristic optimization techniques for the management of water resources” Water Supply (Impact Factor: 1.2 SCIE) Accepted
- Vijendra kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2 (2020) “Optimization of Water Releases from Ukai Reservoir using Jaya Algorithm” Springer-Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 323-336. DOI: 10.1007@978-981-13-8196-629
- Kumar, V., & Yadav, S. M. “Real-Time Flood Analysis Using Artificial Neural Network”. In Recent Trends in Civil Engineering (pp. 973-986). Springer, Singapore.
- Kumar V., Yadav S.M. (2021) Optimization of Water Allocation for Ukai Reservoir Using Elitist TLBO. In: Jha R., Singh V.P., Singh V., Roy L., Thendiyath R. (eds) Water Resources Management and Reservoir Operation. Water Science and Technology Library, vol 107. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-79400-2_16
- Vijendra kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2 “Optimal Monthly Reservoir Operation to Maximize the Hydropower Generation” Roorkee Water Conclave IIT Roorkee, India, 26-28 Feb 2020.
Vijendra kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2 “Optimal Monthly Reservoir Operation to Minimize the Irrigation Deficiencies using Jaya Algorithm” HYDRO 2019, 24th International Conference on Hydraulics, Water Resources and River Engineering, Osmania University, India, 18th-20th December 2019. (Best Paper Award Received)
Vijendra kumar1 and S. M. Yadav2 “Real-Time Flood Analysis using Artificial Neural Network” International Conference on Recent Trends and Innovations in Civil Engineering (Icrtice-2019) Medi-Caps University, Indore, 26th-28th September 2019. (Presented)