Dr. Avadhoot Bhosale is an assistant professor in the school of civil engineering, MIT WPU Since Sept 2021. He holds a B.E in civil engineering (Shivaji University 2007), M.Tech in structural engineering (NIT Rourkela, 2012), and Ph. D. in structural engineering (NIT Rourkela 2018). His core research interests include Structural/Earthquake engineering, structural reliability, vertical irregularities, Masonry structure, and performance-based design and assessment methods.
He has publications in reputed ASCE, ACI engineering journals and currently working on the performance-based design of RC infilled framed buildings. One of his research work on AAC block masonry is referred in the new draft commentary on IS1893:2016 developed by IIT Gandhi Nagar with the help of world bank support. Presently, he teaches CVE 1001A (Applied Mechanics), and CE324 B (Advanced Construction Materials) for the undergraduate program. He is the recipient of the Best Ph.D. Poster presentations from the civil engineering department at Research Scholar Week, 2017 held at NIT Rourkela, Orissa and acting as a mentor for Team CESA selected in final round of Smart India Hackathon, 2019 Hardware editions.
- Zade, N., Bhosale, A., Sarkar, P. and Davis, R. (2021). “In-Plane Seismic Response of AAC Block Masonry Infilled RC Framed Building.” ACI Structural/Materials Journal, (Accepted).
- Zade, N., Bhosale, A., Dhir, P., Sarkar, P. and Davis, R. (2021). “Variability of Mechanical Properties of Cellular Light Weight Concrete Infill and Its Effect on Seismic Safety.” ASCE- Natural Hazards Review, DOI: 1061/(ASCE)NH.1527-6996.0000501.
- Bhosale, A., Zade, N. P., Sarkar, P., and Davis, R. (2020). “Mechanical and physical properties of cellular lightweight concrete block masonry.” Elsevier-Construction and Building Materials, DOI: 1016/j.conbuildmat.2020.118621.
- Bhosale, A. S., Zade N.P., Davis, R., and Sarkar, P. (2019). “Experimental Investigation of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Masonry.” ASCE-Journal of Material In Civil Engineering, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0002762
- Bhosale, A. S., Davis, R., and Sarkar, P. (2018). “Seismic safety of vertical irregular building – Performance of existing indicators.” ASCE-Journal of Architectural Engineering, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)AE.1943-5568.0000319 .
- Bhosale, A. S., Davis, R., and Sarkar, P. (2018). “A new seismic vulnerability index for vertically irregular buildings.” ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering, systems Part A: Civil Engineering, DOI: 10.1061/AJRUA6.0000973.
- Bhosale, A. S., Davis, R., and Sarkar, P. (2017). “Vertical Irregularity of Buildings: Regularity Index versus Seismic Risk.” ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems Part A: Civil Engineering, DOI: 10.1061/AJRUA6.0000900.
- Pragalath, H. D. C., Bhosale, A., Davis, R.P., and Sarkar, P. (2016). “Multiplication factor for open ground storey buildings – A reliability based evaluation.” Elsevier-Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration, DOI: 10.1007/s11803-016-0322-4.
Teaching Experience : 5 years
Industry Experience: 2.5 years
Applied Mechanics, Advanced Construction Material
Prof. Dr. Avadhoot Bhosale